The footer component, located at the bottom of each page, provides contact information and resource links for your visitors. The footer fulfills most of the content requirements in the VCU Web Standards and Guidelines.
The footer has three distinct columns:
- Left - Required contact information
- Middle - Optional HTML content
- Right - Optional social media links
On smaller devices, these columns will stack vertically in this order.
The left and right columns of the footer may not be used for purposes other than displaying contact information and social media links. Site authors have the ability use the middle column as they see fit or they can leave it blank. We suggest using to link to related VCU resources under a "Helpful resources" heading.
When implementing this component, please use the corresponding Font Awesome social media icon for the platforms below:
Please use the
fas fa-link icon when linking to a platform not listed above.
Underneath the footer columns is a row of links to:
- VCU's privacy statement
- VCU's accessibilitiy statement
- A link to email VCU's Webmaster (this must be firstname.lastname@example.org as it creates a ticket in the university's IT Support System)
- A link to view the current page in a "text-only" version
- A link to the Compass Web Framework's homepage
- A date when the page was last updated
On smaller devices, these links will stack vertically in this order.